Max Hirsch established the “Saxonian Glass Factory” in 1879 in Radeberg and manufactured hollow and press glass with presses imported from the USA.
Max Hirsch was the brother-in-law of August Walther. On Max Hirsch’s suggestion August Walther established “August Walther and Sons” in 1888 at Ottendorf-Okrilla near Dresden.
Walther merged with Saxonian Glass company in 1932 and became “Saxonian Glass Factory August Walther & sons AG”, or “Saschsische Glasfabrik August Walther and Sohne AG”.
The company was nationalised after Germany was split at the end of WW2 and became “VEB Saschenglas”.